Saturday 23 April 2016

Batiste Ella Henderson Dry Shampoo

I go through a lot of dry shampoo as I prefer to only wash my hair every other day but it can look lank and greasy. I am always on the lookout for new and exciting types of shampoo to try and this was my most recent purchase, mainly as it was on offer and also I was tempted by the promise that this had a sweet and seductive scent as I love sweeter scents.

About The Dry Shampoo

 

Batiste describe their products as 'instant hair refreshers' and I would agree with this statement. While dry shampoo implies that this will leave your hair looking and feeling clean, the hair refresher means (to me anyway) that it improves the look and removes any oiliness from hair and does make my hair look better than it would, but not as good as actually washing my hair.

You can also use dry shampoo to add volume and texture to hair – particularly when styling hair in an updo but I don't normally use this for this reason as my hair normally has some texture of it's own as well as plenty of volume. It's also useful if you have fine hair as this dry shampoo gives you some added texture to help style hair.

My Thoughts

I do use quite a lot of dry shampoo and have tried a few brands with varying success.  Batiste are one of the better brands out there in my opinion, although I have had a few better ones as well.

I bought this dry shampoo because of the claim of a sweet and seductive scent rather than any fondness for Ella Henderson if I'm honest. I really loved the sweet scent of this dry shampoo although I don't have a great nose for detecting scents but it certainly lived up to the claims that it has a sweet scent. As for the seductive – I'm not really sure any scent can be described as seductive!

I normally spray this dry shampoo around the front of my hair and on the roots only, although I do maybe have a bit more of the dry shampoo around where my parting would be as well. This does help to absorb any oiliness or grease and also leaves my hair looking brighter as well. While it certainly doesn't compare to actually washing my hair, it certainly makes my hair look a lot more presentable.
I am unable to comment on how long this helps keep my hair looking refreshed as I always wash my hair in the evening on the day that I used the dry shampoo but I don't find I have any issues with washing this out of my hair either and it leaves no lasting effects either.

I use this dry shampoo about 2 - 3 times a week and a 200ml can tends to last me around 3 months so it's good value as well in my opinion.


Price and Availability 

The 200ml can of this dry shampoo is available from Boots and Superdrug for around £3.99. The brand is often on offer so it's worth stocking up when it's cheaper. This may be a limited edition dry shampoo though so worth stocking up if you really like the scent.

Ingredients 

Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Linalool, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

No comments:

Post a Comment