Sunday 17 July 2016

Champneys Oriental Opulence Body Cream

I have quite oily skin and always assumed that I didn't really need body lotion or utter after a shower so I have had a few body lotions pile up in the bathroom. Partly because of this and also because I have noticed my skin is getting drier as I am in my mid 30's, I decided to use up the ones that are cluttering up my bathroom. This is one that my friend bought me for my birthday and I liked the sound of it so it's the one that I'm using at the minute.

About the Body Lotion

The Sanctuary website describes this as a nourishing lotion with honey, smoothing plant sugars, milk proteins and moisturising sweet almond oil which ensure your skin is moisturised and conditioned. The Oriental blend of aromatic ylang ylang, calming sandalwood and patchouli essential oils encourage feelings of wellbeing and tranquillity.

My Thoughts

As soon as you unscrew the lid of this body lotion, you can detect the rich, exotic scent. There is something relaxing about this scent as well and I was instantly in love with the scent of this lotion. While I can't really detect individual scents that well, I loved how the combination of the ylang ylang and sandalwood in this lotion helped prolong the relaxing feeling that I get after a bath.

The lotion itself is a pale yellow colour and there seems to be something slightly iridescent through the lotion as well, almost looks like there could be glitter in it but I don't think there is. It is thicker than some other body lotions that I have used in the past and could describe the texture as something between the thickness of a body lotion and a body butter.

I found that this lotion was almost instantly absorbed into my skin and the scent did linger for around an hour after I used the lotion and had dried off after the shower. I was hoping it would stay on my skin for longer but it's not bad either as with some, the scent disappears almost instantly.

After using this lotion for a few weeks, I noticed a real difference to my skin. While I didn't really suffer from dry skin (or so I thought), I did find that my skin looked less red and felt softer to the touch as well after using this lotion. After the initial results were so promising, I continued with this lotion and saw a real improvement to my skin's texture after using this for around a month. I did feel that the slightly oiliness that I sometimes felt with my skin disappeared and my skin looked plumper and in better condition.

I don't really suffer from sensitive skin so I can't comment on whether or not this is suitable for sensitive skin but I would say it's probably best to avoid it as it does have quite a strong scent which could irritate more sensitive skin.

Price and Availability

I got my 50ml tub of this from a friend as a birthday present so unsure of how much it cost her. A 175ml tub costs £10 from Boots and while this is more expensive than some lotions on the market, I liked the results I got with this lotion and would recommend trying it if you suffer from dry skin as I found a real difference to my 'normal' skin. It is often on offer as well so if you fancy trying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment