Sunday 3 July 2016

Kindred Spirit Shared Fragrance Body Spray

I was quite a tomboy in my teens are preferred to either use 'shared' fragrances or quite often used men's fragrances rather than women's. While CK One was my favourite, I had acquired a few bottles of this scent as a cheaper alternative during my teenage years. I had assumed the scent had been discontinued so was over the moon when I was in Home Bargains and saw a 150ml body spray, so decided that I had to buy some for nostalgia's sake.

Packaging

I always remembered this as being similar to the packaging on Calvin Klein's CKOne fragrance and this hasn't changed since my teenage years. It is in a silver coloured can which is quite plan and simple, yet looks quite modern sitting on my dressing table amongst my other scents.

The scent

This scent is made up of the following notes:
  • The top notes are green lemon zest and crisp apple.
  • The heart notes are clean white lily, white rose buds and cyclamen.
  • The base notes are moss and sandalwood.

In Use

When you first spray this on, you get a very fresh, fruity scent and I can really detect the apple in this scent. While there is a slight masculine edge to the initial burst, I feel that it's not so strong that it's not a unisex perfume and it's just a very nice, fresh scent burst. This soon fades slightly to be replaced by the more feminine heart notes although these aren't as strong as the initial apple scent. After a few minutes this scent mellows down and the sandalwood and moss leave a rich base behind.

This isn't the strongest scent that I have ever used, even as a body spray and the scent does fade away after an hour or two. However, no body spray is long lasting in my opinion and the longevity is similar to other scents that I have tried in the past.

Unlike some of the other more feminine body sprays that I have in my collection though, this comes in a quite bulky can and would certainly take up more space in your handbag compared to something like an Impulse can of body spray.

Price and Availability

As I mentioned above, I bought my can from Home Bargains where it cost me 89p for a 150ml can of this. I haven't seen this anywhere else though but if I see this again in Home Bargains, I will certainly repurchase as I love the scent and it's nice to just spray on when you're popping out for something quick.

Summing Up

To be honest, my main reason for purchasing this was a nostalgic trip for me but I am glad that I did. It’s a cheap scent which I do actually quite like and while I don't normally use a lot of body sprays as I prefer perfumes, it's nice if I just want a burst of scent and I'm not too worried about longevity. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a slightly different scent to what is out there for most women's perfumes as this has a slightly more masculine edge but not so much that you feel like you're stolen a man's scent.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I wish to say that this post is amazing, well written and come with approximately all important infos. I’d like to peer extra posts like this . Here is my homepage; tecteem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post and I also love the product and did use it as alternative to ck

    ReplyDelete